Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Party's Over Here!

Part 2 in my irregular series of attempts at eBay comedy writing is up. (Reminisce about part 1 here.)

When I worked at the newspaper, our art director, Ron Dacanay, had a fair amount of free time on his hands, and some powerful graphics software. That's pretty much the basic recipe for comedy right there.

Ron churned out all kinds of crazy shit on the clock, and I kept most of it in a little art gallery on the wall by my desk.

The picture at right is an exemplar of his work. I bought a dollar store frame and kept it on my desk until I stopped working at the paper. Then I just kept it.

It was a stock photography model looking up at a light bulb floating overhead. Then Ron perfected it by slapping the face of North Korean "Dear Leader", Kim Jong-il, over the bulb.

Because the picture is already so absurd,
my writing adds little to the humor of the thing. But one does what one can.

Christina's bright idea? Kim Jong-il! I totally know!

Please bid early and often. Thank you and good night.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar