Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Kat Dahlia's "I Think I'm in Love" - Single Review


   Singer/rapper Kat Dahlia experienced the typical debut album troubles when trying to release My Garden back in early 2014. Unfortunately, after multiple delays and the lack of radio response to its lead singles, the album was eventually pushed back to January 2015 and has so far peaked at position 54 on the Billboard 200. Hopefully with the announcement of the album's next single, the soaring "I Think I'm in Love", the album will chart much higher. It deserves to.

   Following the cute and catchy "Crazy", Dahlia's (or her label's) decision to release "I Think I'm in Love" as an official single is a very smart decision. The touching ballad is something different for the artist compared to her aggressive, hip-hip inspirations found in her early work.

   Her vocal delivery on the verses is calm and maybe a tad ordinary, however, Dahlia does nothing but impressive with a stunning and inspiring performance on the explosive, heartwearming chorus. The single screams for immediate radio airplay.

   The lyrical content of the new track is a detailed peek into the artist's love life, it has always been her narrative songwriting that critics pointed out as her strongest asset, and it's refreshing to hear Dahlia get more personal on the bright music moment. "I think I'm love again, I didn't think it could be true, let alone that it would be you, I think I'm in love again," she belts while supported by beautiful, crashing drums.

   "I Think I'm in Love" is a strong, Top 40-ready release for Dahlia. It definitely has the potential to catch on with all the lovestruck listeners. However, while the song may sound like the typical, pop-leaning, love song, the artist has the ability to make her words and intriguing beats come off as fresh and invigorating. Her hip-hop background gives it just the right amount of rough edge to stand out from the crowd. This one will be stuck on repeat.



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar